TERMS OF REFERENCE
Position : North Sulawesi Marine Program Administration Assistant
Period : 1 year
Program : Wildlife Conservation Society-Indonesia
Base : Manado
Line Manager : North Sulawesi Marine Manager
Marine resource management in Indonesia has progressed remarkably in the past decade, with more than 18 million hectares of marine protected areas (MPAs) designated, a comprehensive Ecosystem Approach to Fisheries Management (EAFM) system instituted, and management capacities across government and community significantly enhanced.
WCS has worked in Indonesia since initial field surveys in the 1960s, and opened a formal country program in 1997 under a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Ministry of Environment and Forestry (MoEF). Under this MoU, WCS conducts applied conservation research and supports conservation projects in collaboration with a range of government partners and stakeholders, including Ministry of Marine Affairs and Fisheries (MMAF), MoEF, Indonesian National Police, Attorney General’s Office, Supreme Court, the Indonesian Transaction Reports and Financial Analysis Centre, civil society organizations, and national/international universities.
WCS has determined that North Sulawesi is one of the area priorities for intervention due to a combination of high biodiversity values and ecosystem functions, relative importance of small-scale fisheries, and high potential for tourism..
Duties and Responsibilities:
The administration assistant shall assist Marine Program Manager in executing and managing the program. The administration assistant will primarily focus on the administrative, financial and operational aspects of the project and play crucial role in ensuring the management of documents, expenses, payments and logistical arrangements and other secretarial duties. He/she will responsible for:
1. Administrative, financial and logistic
- Perform general day to day logistic and administrative support functions for North Sulawesi Marine team members, and consultants
- Assist in arranging travel and accommodations for the participants of the North Sulawesi Marine event under the direction of NS Marine Program Manager.
- Assist North Sulawesi Marine team and admin officers in the of the planning, preparation during and after the event, which include booking for accommodation, issuing invitation letters, collecting the expense receipts for repprting and other logistic related requirements;
- Assist in oversee all administrative aspects of training courses, workshops and other events including registrations, confirmations, certificates, badges, evaluation materials, and prepare and organize document kits and other related materials;
- Assist in manage travel arrangements and other logistical requirements of North Sulawesi Marine staff and when necessary, individual guests visiting WCS office or events;
- Maintain office supplies’ inventory (including stationaries) by checking stock to determine inventory level, anticipating needed supplies, placing and expediting orders for supplies, and verifying receipt of supplies in coordination with NS Marine Program Manager.
- Assist the NS Marine Program Manager in obtain quotations from various suppliers when needed and as required and prepare quotation summary.
- Support North Sulawesi Marine team in transportation arrangement/office vehicle booking with close coordination with NS Marine Program Manager.
- Assists in verify data and check finance documents for completeness, mathematical accuracy and consistence.
- Support North Sulawesi Marines staff member in develop expenses claims such as clerical services and documenting receipts as needed and required.
2. Operational project
- Developing and updating list of contacts and partners
- Assist in provide regular report as needed such as weekly update, monthly, and quarterly report both narrative and financial
- Minimum 2 years of administrative management experience, preferable with large scale international projects
- Diploma degree in administration or equivalent experience in a similar position with an NGO or INGO
- Computer skills mandatory. Proficient in Microsoft Office Application
- Good administrative/office management skills
- Interpersonal skills, solid programming, financial and organizational development skills and excellent analytical and financial skills
- Able to multi task, establish priorities and meet deadlines
- Able to work with minimum supervision
- Good oral and written communication skills in English
Please note that the above TOR constitutes only the main responsibilities and duties of this position. As WCS-IP is a flexible organization, staff members are expected to undertake any other tasks that are allocated to them but which are not part of their regular TOR, but related to it.
Please send a covering letter and CV in English to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 27 August 2019 stating in the subject line “North Sulawesi Administration Assistant_(name)”.
Please also include a portfolio of your previous work or links to blogs or galleries online.
No correspondence, only short-listed candidates will be notified.