WCS’s Global Conservation Program saves wildlife and wild places by understanding critical issues, crafting science-based solutions, and taking conservation actions that benefit nature and humanity.
WCS envisions a world where wildlife thrives in healthy lands and seas, valued by societies that embrace and benefit from the diversity and integrity of life on earth.
WCS saves wildlife and wild places worldwide through science, conservation action, education, and inspiring people to value nature.
The conservation of more than 50 percent of the world’s biological diversity while ensuring a positive impact on millions of people globally.
• RESPECT: We treat coworkers, partners, and lo¬cal communities in the places where we work with respect and dignity and show regard for the views and opinions of others.
• ACCOUNTABILITY & TRANSPARENCY: We focus on results and measurable outcomes, take respon¬sibility for our decisions and actions, and are honest about our successes and failures.
• INNOVATION: We evaluate established ideas and practices, learn from experience, and introduce new methods and concepts.
• DIVERSITY & INCLUSION: We value staff and com¬munity partners from all backgrounds and cultures with different skills, abilities, and perspectives; we ensure that everyone has an opportunity to fully contribute to our mission.
• COLLABORATION: We embrace teamwork and encourage people, organizations, and countries to work together to develop solutions to the world’s conservation challenges.
• INTEGRITY: We act in a manner consistent with our core values and charitable mission and uphold the highest standards of honesty and ethical behavior.