TERMS OF REFERENCE
Position/Jabatan : Administration Officer
Program : Marine, North Maluku
Based in/Lokasi : Ternate Field Office
Line Manager/Manajer Lini : USAID SEA North Maluku
Period/Effective as per : 1 year with possibility of extension
The Wildlife Conservation Society’s Indonesia program aims to conserve marine resources vital to the protection and sustainability of a wide range of human activities and livelihoods. Consequently, conservation efforts cannot be separated from the management of fisheries or of the environment as a whole. Furthermore, given the sensitivity of marine biological resources to climate change and the strong ecosystem linkages across large areas, conservation approaches must focus on improving governance across networks of sites connected within priority ecoregions. At the same time, approaches must be tailored to local ecological, social, and cultural contexts. Establishing effective networks of MPAs, which protect critical marine ecosystems and corridors that fish and other marine species depend on, is critical to marine conservation efforts. WCS employs a rigorous scientific approach to build capacity, strengthen management and inspire community stewardship for the protection and sustainable use of critical marine ecosystems, fisheries and threatened species. We identify and promote solutions that foster conservation and sustainable use, through local, shared and government systems of management, scaling fisheries management across ecosystems and building resilience to climate change at local and regional scales. We are currently working in seascapes in Aceh, Java, Sulawesi, North Maluku, and the Sunda-Banda to achieve these goals.
Within Marine Program, WCS focuses on site-level conservation in Aceh, Java, West Nusa Tenggara North Sulawesi, and North Maluku. WCS also has activities in national level to support national government in marine protected area management, species conservation, and sustainable fisheries.
In order to strengthen our conservation programs in North Maluku, WCS-IP is apply finance supporting mechanism, including maintain strong communication of our strategies to internal and key partners.
The Administration Officer reports directly to the North Maluku Project Leader with close coordination with other field program staffs and Marine Finance and Administration Officer in Bogor office. The main responsibility of the Administration Officer is to record keeping and maintenance task, as well as any administrative support required by the WCS-IP projects in Ternate. This position will operate on project basis.
- Communication within main office and marine field office, (Manado- North Sulawesi and Bogor).
- Manage direct field activity in administration process and communication process.
- Strong direct communication with finance officer/ assistance (Ternate, Manado and Bogor office) or field staff to apply WCS-IP regulation of administration and finance.
- Assist administration process directly with all staff in the field as required.
- Spread WCS regulation and share the info update with the field staff, and conduct administration training for field admin officer/ assistant and other field staff.
- Built the communication within all staff, field admin assistant/ officer, Program Coordinator, and Program Manager.
- Have strong communication and work closely with Finance Senior Officer, Team Leader, Coordinators and Marine Program Manager.
- Participate in internal and external meeting for Marine project as required.
Administrative and HR:
- Assist North Maluku staff in arranging meeting, travel, advance request, and updating staff calendar.
- Maintaining and update North Maluku program contact list and phone tree.
- Responsible for any travel arrangement (ticketing; accommodation; local transportation) needed by field staff, partners, consultant and volunteer who are travelling out their work based.
- Manage all procurements that require by the project field, and liaise with Head Office Admin Manager for further procurement process.
- Ensure the upkeep of the field office (building, furniture, equipment and vehicles) initiate the process for any necessary repairs and maintenance.
• Ensure adequate supplies are available in the field office.
- Perform quarterly, semi-annual and annual physical inventory of all office assets (IT, furniture, equipment, office and project supplies, and vehicle).
- Responsible in managing the administration of office assets lending.
- Filling letters/documents and writing letters.
- Compile and summarize timesheet records of staff in the field and submit data to head office for payroll preparation.
- Pass on completed leave form by the staff, to HR Bogor Office every month.
- Manage all marine consultants: recruitment process, communication with program coordinator, candidate data information.
- Monitoring North Maluku program consultant/ volunteer contract so that all can be processed according to appropriate time.
- Take care of annual taxes and extension of Vehicle Registration Certificate of WCS-IP vehicles at the field office. Coordinate this arrangement with the Admin Officer at Head Office.
- Take care of WCS-IP offices and vehicles insurance at the field office. Coordinate the insurance arrangements with the Admin Officer at Head Office.
- Provide secretarial services for the Project leader as required.
- Serve as the main link between Head Office Program Support Team and Field Office staff.
- Keeps management informed of area activities and of any significant problems.
- Work closely with Marine Finance & Administration Officer; Finance Manager and HR & Adm. Manager in Bogor office, as necessary to resolve any accounting, administrative or human resource issue in the field office.
- Maintain a complete and orderly filing system for all finance, admin and HR documents.
- Keep good relationship with the government official and WCS partners/stakeholders.
- Undertake any other duties as assigned by supervisor. Program Manager and Finance Senior Officer.
- Undertakes other tasks as deemed necessary in line with the goal of providing management support to the Deputy Country Office as assigned by the Finance Manager and/or Administration & HR Manager.
- Apply and promote WCS’s values on respect, transparency and accountability, innovation, inclusion and diversity, collaboration, and integrity in daily work.
- Participate wholeheartedly in the general activities of WCS-IP particularly events and activities that require the full support and participation of all staff members, whether or not the focus of any particular event or activity has any bearing on the job description and assigned project objectives and activities.
- Undertake any other duties as assigned by supervisor and line management coordination if required.
This position will be based in Ternate, North Maluku, with possibilities to travel to project sites across North Maluku, and travel to Manado, Jakarta and Bogor as required. The ideal candidate will have:
- At least 4 years of experience in finance and administration works for NGO, corporates or public relations agency.
- Graduated from administrative, secretary, or related undergraduate degree major.
- Knowledge and/or experience in administration work is preferable.
- An ability to communicate with board range of people and finding solutions of problems.
- Good interpersonal skills to deal with a diverse group of contacts (including local stakeholders and communities), and ability to be a team player.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both Indonesian and English.
- Aptitude in the use of a MS spread sheet and words, skill in database will be an advantage.
- Having experiences working in eastern Indonesia, especially North Maluku will be an advantage.
The position is for Indonesian nationals only. WCS encourages people to apply with finance and project management experience in sectors other than the non-governmental and/or conservation sectors. Remuneration will be commensurate with skills and experience and the position comes with full set of employment benefits. WCS is an equally opportunities employer.
Please send a covering letter and CV in English to firstname.lastname@example.org no late than 21 November 2019, stating in the subject line “Admin Officer for North Maluku_(name)”.
Please also include a portfolio of your previous work or links to blogs or galleries online.
No correspondence, only short-listed candidates will be notified.