TERMS OF REFERENCE
Position : Finance Officer
Based in : North Sulawesi
Reporting to : Finance Manager
The Finance Officer will report to the Senior Finance Officer and will work closely with the Program Managers, and other staffs. The Finance Officer is responsible for maintaining financial and accounting services in order to meet the requirements of the organization. The Finance Officer is also responsible updating accounting records, preparing financial statements, maintaining cash control, monitoring accounts payable and receivable and ensuring adherence to policies and procedures to strengthen internal control.
- Ensure that all expenditures are made in accordance with established procedures, approved vouchers, complete supporting documentation and budget availability.
- Ensure that payments are made in a timely and secure manner across all the country operations.
- Proceed daily payment request via bank transfer or petty cash after being reviewed by Senior Finance Officer and approved by Program Manager.
- Prepare cash count before and after petty cash replenishment made. Cash count is also required to prepare at the end of the current month and year end closing to have a good record of physical petty cash balance.
- Prepare Petty Cash Voucher, Deposit Voucher, Cash Disbursement Voucher, and Adjustment Voucher to complete financial document.
- Print out instruction of bank transfer for any transaction made via bizchannel and attach on cash disbursement voucher to review by Senior Finance Officer before releasing payment.
- Send notification of transfer received from Bizchannel-CIMB Niaga to each payee after the payment successfully released.
- Review advance settlement of staff to ensure amount, grant code, and account correctly put on settlement report.
- Prepare budget versus variance on every advance settlement to overview the spending.
- Assist Senior Finance Officer to remind staff who has an outstanding advance to settle the advance soon.
- Prepare JV Template for deposit voucher, cash disbursement voucher, adjustment voucher, and petty cash voucher to review by Senior Finance Officer.
- Archieve all financial documents in sequence based on voucher number.
- Assist Senior Finance Officer to prepare wire transfer monthly. Ensure complete accounting records are maintained in good condition for a good period of time (following local, donor and WC-NY regulations). This includes but is not limited to vouchers, bills, invoices, procurements forms, authorizations, reconciliations, both paper and electronic records.
- Ensure backups are made of data at least twice per week, and that a copy of the latest back up is maintained at a secure location in the office or to a secure off-site location.
- Ensure proper tracking of outstanding advances and payables.
- Assist Senior Finance Officer to participate in the development of finance policies and procedures to be able to maintain a well-financially controlled environment.
- Assist Senior Finance Officer to provide key input and guidance to the finance team in resolving pending items, or transaction problems and irregularities and ensure resolution in a timely and effective manner.
- Assist Senior Finance Officer to provide assistance and support during internal and/or external audit. Draft audit response and ensure implementation of agreed audit recommendations.
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance.
Minimum 3 years successful experience working in similar position with an NGO (local or international).
Knowledge in accounting and experience managing computerized financial systems (Sun System preferred).
Computer skills mandatory. Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications.
Able to multi-task, establish priorities and meet deadlines.
Good oral and written communication skills. English and Bahasa-Indonesia.
Concern for wildlife conservation & environmental issues is essential.
Please note that the above TOR constitutes only the main responsibilities and duties of this position. As WCS-IP is a flexible organization, staff members are expected to undertake any other tasks that are allocated to them but which are not part of their regular TOR.
Please send a covering letter and CV in English to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 16 October 2019 stating in the subject line “Finance Officer North Sulawesi_(name)”.
Please also include a portfolio of your previous work or links to blogs or galleries online.No correspondence, only short-listed candidates will be notified.