TERMS OF REFERENCE
Position : North Maluku Finance Officer
Program : Marine
Based in : Ternate, North Maluku
Line Manager : North Maluku Project Leader/ NM Program Manager
Period of : 1 Year
The Wildlife Conservation Society’s Indonesia program aims to conserve marine resources vital to the protection and sustainability of a wide range of human activities and livelihoods. Consequently, conservation efforts cannot be separated from the management of fisheries or of the environment as a whole. Furthermore, given the sensitivity of marine biological resources to climate change and the strong ecosystem linkages across large areas, conservation approaches must focus on improving governance across networks of sites connected within priority ecoregions. At the same time, approaches must be tailored to local ecological, social, and cultural contexts. Establishing effective networks of MPAs, which protect critical marine ecosystems and corridors that fish and other marine species depend on, is critical to marine conservation efforts. WCS employs a rigorous scientific approach to build capacity, strengthen management and inspire community stewardship for the protection and sustainable use of critical marine ecosystems, fisheries and threatened species. We identify and promote solutions that foster conservation and sustainable use, through local, shared and government systems of management, scaling fisheries management across ecosystems and building resilience to climate change at local and regional scales. We are currently working in seascapes in Aceh, Java, Sulawesi, North Maluku, and the Sunda-Banda to achieve these goals.
Within Marine Program, WCS focuses on site-level conservation in Aceh, Java, West Nusa Tenggara North Sulawesi, and North Maluku. WCS also has activities in national level to support national government in marine protected area management, species conservation, and sustainable fisheries.
In order to strengthen our conservation programs in North Maluku, WCS-IP is apply finance supporting mechanism, including maintain strong communication of our strategies to internal and key partners. The Finance officer is required to maintain a financial record of project activities of WCS – IP in North Maluku, and to provide assistance to ensure good support for related to internal communication, human resources and administration. Finance officer will work under supervision of Project Leader as well as Program Manager, and will work closely with other staffs:
Role and Responsibilities
- Communication within main office and marine field office, (Bogor, Manado- North Sulawesi), and manage operation of Head Marine Project activity in Bogor office.
- Manage direct field activity in administration, finance process, communication process
- Strong direct communication with finance officer (Bogor office) or field staff to apply WCS-IP regulation of administration and finance.
- Assist administration and finance directly with all staff in the field as require.
- Support, identifies and assists Ternate office staff in administration and finance (Supplies, equipment, meeting, payment).
- Spread WCS regulation and share the info update with the filed staff, and conduct administration and finance training for field admin/assistant and other field staff.
- Built the communication within all staff, Field admin Assistant, Program Coordinator, and Program Manager.
- Having strong communication and work closely with HR Manager, Finance Manager and Marine Program Managers.
- Being a contact person and meeting point for Marine Program WCS-IP in Ternate Field office for staff and partners of WCSIP. Communication can be made by phone, email and visiting Ternate field office.
- Participate in internal and external meeting for Marine project as require.
Finance for Marine Project:
- Strong finance assisting for North Maluku Marine projects, to apply WCSIP rules and regulation.
- Manage Marine operation expenses: pay all the billing and to reimburse staff expenses, responsible for ensuring completeness of supporting document and accuracy on nominal for any payment submitted.
- responsible preparing approved finance template to be sent to finance, (prepare the paper form, fill the form, communication for approval/Email, and submit to finance)
- help project coordinator to prepare finance budget request and help all staff to prepare budget for travel
- Keep tracking of cash flow all each budget project requested by staff and projects activity, make sure to giving the right fund/grand/WBS code and also record information in monthly basis on advance request transferred by finance.
- Assist program in budgeting, help project leader and project coordinator to evaluate yearly budget, allocate, evaluate and control cash flow in the field (coordinating with field staff related to field expenses).
- Monthly finance report as finance report conduct at the end of the month (travel advance and field expenses). Responsible for reviewing settlement advance report submitted by project or staff against receipt, advance balance s and the settlement template, send all the report to Finance department, maintain Finance records and filling for project base.
Assisting in Human resources administration:
- Make sure all staff time sheet to be reported to HR per month both field and Bogor staff
- Spread and helping Staff and family insurance (Hospitalize, life insurance and accident) and Process medical reimbursement for all staff (out patience)
- Manage all marine consultants: recruitment process, communication with program coordinator, candidate data information, ToR, draft contract, Filling and payment
- Compiling the agreement with the other organization or partner of WCSIP in data sharing agreement (university, NGO, Government and Student).
- Helping manage small grant to other partner work collaboration with university or local NGO, filling the report and payment period
- Apply and promote WCS’s values on respect, transparency and accountability, innovation, inclusion and diversity, collaboration, and integrity in daily work.
- Participate wholeheartedly in the general activities of WCS-IP particularly events and activities that require the full support and participation of all staff members, whether or not the focus of any particular event or activity has any bearing on the job description and assigned project objectives and activities.
- Undertake any other duties as assigned by supervisor and line management coordination if required.
This position will be based in Ternate, North Maluku, with possibilities to travel to project sites across North Maluku, and travel to Jakarta and Bogor as required. The ideal candidate will have:
- At least 2 years of experience in finance and administration works for NGO, corporates or public relations agency.
- Graduated from accountancy, or related finance major undergraduate degree.
- Knowledge and/or experience in finance or administration work is preferable.
- An ability to communicate with board range of people and finding solutions of problems.
- Good interpersonal skills to deal with a diverse group of contacts (including local stakeholders and communities), and ability to be a team player.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both Indonesian and English.
- Aptitude in the use of a MS spread sheet and words, skill in database will be an advantage.
- Having experiences working in eastern Indonesia, especially North Maluku will be an advantage.
The position is for Indonesian nationals only. WCS encourages people to apply with finance and project management experience in sectors other than the non-governmental and/or conservation sectors. Remuneration will be commensurate with skills and experience and the position comes with full set of employment benefits. WCS is an equally opportunities employer.
Please send a covering letter and CV in English to email@example.com not later than 24 July 2019 stating in the subject line “North Maluku Finance Officer_(name)”.
Please also include a portfolio of your previous work or links to blogs or galleries online.
No correspondence, only short-listed candidates will be notified.