TERMS OF REFERENCE
Position : Senior Accounting Officer
Based in : Bogor
Reporting to / Melapor ke : Finance Manager
Coordination with : Senior Finance Officer(s)
Will line manage : -
Under the guidance and supervision of WCS Indonesia Finance Manager, the Senior Accounting Officer will be responsible to provide assistance in ensuring WCS financial reports and accounts fully meets acceptable accounting standard, donor requirements, Government of Indonesia regulations and WCS global requirements and are delivered to the highest standards.
Senior Accounting Officer will report to Finance Manager and will work closely with Senior Finance Officer(s). Senior Accounting Officer is responsible for maintaining financial and accounting services, updating accounting records, preparing monthly package report, preparing draft financial reports (ready for further final review and approval) and ensuring adherence to policy and procedure to strengthen internal control, in order to meet the requirements of the organization, donor and government.
The position will keep up-to-date account records and oversee smooth accounting data and transactions. The successful candidate should have great communications skills and a strong quantitative background, along with a proven track record of successfully handling accounts. WCS is looking for a team player, enjoy working with a variety of donors and grants, have ability to deal with tight deadlines, ready to learn and adapt with a fast-paced work environment and have thorough knowledge of accounting functions.
General Accounting/Finance Service
- Coordinate and work closely with other Senior Finance Officer(s) to ensure all transactions record correctly in timely manner and in line with program policy and WCS financial guidelines.
- Ensure all fund received in country (i.e. donor fund, WCS-NY transfer, advance return, miscellaneous income) are properly documented and correctly recorded in the financial system and reported to WCS-NY.
- Ensure all current month data (General ledger account, grant code, fund code) are properly documented and correctly recorded in SAP.
- Assist Finance Manager to identify salary/benefit allocation on monthly basis; including review templates related to monthly payroll transactions (including severance accrual) and all necessary adjustment in current month before posting to SAP.
- Ensure JV templates are saved in shared drive and arranged base on month and fiscal year.
- Prepare manual report of each balance sheet item in monthly basis to be reviewed by Finance Manager. This is to ensure country office has clean balance sheets and each outstanding item can be accounted for.
- Provide input to Finance Manager in updating finance guideline, resolving questions from Regional and Head Quarter.
Donor’s financial reporting, Audits and Capacity Building
- Provide support and assistant to Finance Manager and work closely with Senior Finance Officer(s) to ensure timely submission of external/donor financial reports, to match specific donor’s template as required.
- Assist Finance Manager to provide audit requirement either it’s external or internal audit.
- Conduct capacity building for Finance and Admin Staff in field and main office regarding WCS financial guideline and applied policy and procedure to ensure same level of understanding.
- Provide support and feedback to local partners with a focus to improve their financial management capacity. This is to ensure local partners’ financial report is in line with agreement and donor requirement.
- Undertake other tasks as deemed necessary in line with the goal of providing management support to the country office as assigned by Finance Manager or next level supervisor.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
- Minimum 5 years successful experience working in similar position with an International NGO
- Thorough knowledge in accounting and experience managing computerized financial systems (SAP System is preferred).
- Computer skills are mandatory. Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications, in particular Microsoft Excel.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills, solid programming, financial and organizational development skills, strong coaching skills and good analytical and financial planning skills.
- Strong analytical and interpretative problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of common INGO policy and procedure and familiar with multi donor requirement (i.e USAID, Other US Federal Funds, AUSAID, DFID, European Union).
- Able to work multi-task and occasionally under minimum supervision, establish priorities and meet deadlines.
- Good oral and written communication skills. English and Bahasa-Indonesia.
- Concerned with wildlife conservation & environmental issues is essential.
Please note that the above TOR constitutes only the main responsibilities and duties of this position. As WCS-IP is a flexible organization, staff members are expected to undertake any other tasks that are allocated to them but which are not part of their regular TOR.
Please send a covering letter and CV in English to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 23rd January 2019 stating in the subject line “Senior Accounting Officer_(name)”.
No correspondence, only short-listed candidates will be notified.