Program : WCS Marine Program
Line Manager : Socio-economic Specialist
Base : The duty station will be at WCS-IP Office Bogor (50%) and travel to survey sites (50%).
Period of Contract : The appointment is for one year, with a possibility of extension contingent upon performance, continued relevance of the position and available resources.
WCS-IP Marine Program needs a Socio-economic Research Assistant, whose role will contribute to guiding enumerators in survey sampling, research instrument design, statistical analysis, report writing, and also co-delivering training in qualitative/quantitative research methods. The Socio-economic Research Assistant, together with the Socio-economic Specialist, will coordinate socio-economic data collection in WCS-IP Marine Program such that it is undertaken using a set of common standards and practices. This will then allow data to be reused by other projects in the future, as well as providing the data for wider use beyond WCS-IP.
Summary of Responsibilities
- To guide and work with enumerator in WCS-IP Marine to meet the standards and adopt practices related to quantitative/qualitative data collection and analysis
- To conduct quantitative/qualitative research and analysis.
- To contribute in report writing
- To develop common standards and practices related to quantitative/qualitative data collection.
- To assist in all aspects of field-work and data collection as required.
Details of duties, assignments and objectives will be further discussed and laid out in the staff’s annual performance contract.
Education, knowledge and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in anthropology, sociology, economics, statistic, or other social sciences
- Minimum 2 years of experience in conducting research
- Strong skills in qualitative/quantitative survey method
- Familiarity with statistical software (R, SPSS, etc.)
- Ability to write survey and research report
- Minimum of two years working experience preferred but not essential.
- Fluent English language skills, ability to express opinions in both oral and written English, are essential
Personal Attributes and Competencies:
- Competent in personal organization and priority setting, with the ability to work effectively under time pressure and manage multiple priorities.
- Demonstrates initiative, capable of working independently and as an effective team player
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to effectively interact with people in a multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural environment
- Experience working with a wide and diverse network of groups and individuals
- Ability to live in basic condition.
Please send a covering letter and CV in English to email@example.com not later than 28th February 2019 stating in the subject line “Socio-economic Research Assistant”. No correspondence, only short-listed candidates will be notified.