TERMS OF REFERENCE
Position : Wildlife Trade Program Support Coordinator
Period : 2 years
Program : Wildlife Conservation Society-Indonesia Program (WCS-IP)
Base : Bogor
Line Manager : Wildlife Trade Programme Manager
The Wildlife Conservation Society Indonesia Program (WCS-IP) contributes substantially to the conservation of biodiversity in Indonesia through landscape-level conservation, support to protected areas (PAs), species conservation actions, and engaging local communities. Tackling the illegal wildlife trade and trafficking (IWT) in Indonesia is one of WCSIP’s priorities. The efforts to curb the IWT are primarily conducted through its Wildlife Trade Programme (WTP) which consisted of the Wildlife Crimes Unit (WCU) and the Wildlife Policy Unit. WCU closely partners with a diverse array of law enforcement agencies, from police to judges, and local informant networks and to increase the effectiveness of interventions on wildlife trade and to build upon the success of the WCU, the Wildlife Policy focuses on strengthen policies to remove the barriers to effectively tackling IWT.
The two over-arching objectives of the WTP are: i) Counter illegal wildlife trade through strengthening law enforcement capacity, intelligence-led approaches and improved inter-agency coordination; and, ii) Strengthen the national policy, regulatory framework and data management systems for species conservation and wildlife trade as well as the implementation of CITES. To achieve the objectives, WTP supports GOI through technical assistance, develop partner’s capacity, actively engage in dialogues and meetings with stakeholders, facilitating discussions and provides data and information. The activities is conducted in national level and throughout WCS’s field sites.
The Program Support Coordinator will be required to lead, manage and monitor all operation procedures, administrative and expenses, clerical services and procurement of goods and services under the Wildlife Trade Programme. The position will be required to work closely with the coordinators and Deputy PM under WTP to ensure the administration and finance operations are maintained in an effective and efficient manner.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Program Support Coordinator shall support the Programme Manager in executing and managing the program. The coordinator will primarily focus on the administrative, financial and operational aspects of the program and play crucial role in ensuring the management of documents, expenses, payments and logistical arrangements and other secretarial duties. He/she will responsible for:
1. Administrative, financial and logistic
- Oversee and administers the day-today activities of the program that in line with the policies, procedures and system of WCSIP which ensure productive and efficient operation.
- Consolidate procurement plan, monitor, and coordinate with PM for purchasing relevant materials in timely manner.
- Support the programme in the procurement process including preparation of RFPs, TORs, receipts of quotations, bids for proposal and their preliminary evaluation.
- Support PM in preparing letters, contract, agreement and another document as needed by the program.
- Maintain and update list of inventory and assets under custody of WTP staffs, and prepare quarterly report to be submitted to Administration Unit in Bogor.
- In close coordination with finance and admin and assisted by support program team to prepare payments for partners and consultants under WTP.
- Comply with WCS IP financial management procedures and expenditure monitoring systems.
- Support PM to ensure that all expenditures are being coded correctly and consistently (i.e. allocated to correct budget lines) and that donor funds are used solely for the purposes for which they were
- Manages the preparation process of recruitment of WTP personnel, national consultants and temporary personnel in accordance with the WCSIP rules and procedures:
- Prepares recruitment requests and ensures completeness of the supporting documents for contracting;
- In coordination with HR Unit, prepares vacancy announcements, keeps track of status of vacancy announcements and initiates appropriate actions;
- Coordinates dissemination and exchange of project related information;
- Drafts reports, correspondence, evaluations, justifications in both English and Indonesian within the scope of responsibility;
- Support in meetings and events preparation such as assist in developing TOR and budget.
- Oversee and assist in the arrangement the overall logistical preparations related to meetings and travels.
- Oversee and assist the support team to make the necessary arrangements for ticket and accommodation according to applied standards and template.
- Support PM in verify data and check finance documents for completeness, mathematical accuracy and consistence.
- In coordination with the support program team, assist WTP staff member in develop expenses report as needed and review the report.
- Regularly discuss with Finance team concerning financial reporting issues, errors, trends, payment delays, outstanding commitments and related matters.
- Take the lead to provide guidance to WTP staff in all program administration and management related issues.
2. Operational and management of WTP program
- Establish a project reference / archive system and maintain all project related files. Select information and records in specified format or on the basis of general instructions for use by others in preparing reports, correspondence, technical papers, project or programme plans and general reference documents
- In close coordination with Program Manager, assist in oversee the work of the Grant/Budget/Administration team to manage the grants and budgets.
- Support Program Manager and Coordinators in selecting, managing and supervising partners and sub-contractors to implement activities and produce deliverables in timely fashion, including developing Terms of Reference, providing assistance in their selection and recruitment process, coordinating sub-contractor work, and monitor and evaluate their deliverables, and ensure that they are submitted in a timely manner.
- Support the WTP to liaise with relevant government and non-government key- stakeholders;
- Maintaining and updating record of communication and meetings of WTP held within and outside WCSIP;
- Developing and updating list of contacts and partners
- Support and provide regular report as needed such as weekly update, monthly, and quarterly report both narrative and financial;
- Assist Programme Manager to monitor and manage WTP related partners and consultants in ensuring their deliverables and reporting;
- Supervise staff under the support program and provide guidance in executing all activities related to program administration.
- Minimum 8 years of administrative management experience, preferable with large scale international projects
- Bachelor degree in administration or equivalent experience in a similar position with an NGO or INGO
- Computer skills mandatory. Proficient in Microsoft Office Application
- Good administrative/office management skills
- Interpersonal skills, solid programming, financial and organizational development skills and excellent analytical and financial skills
- Strong analytical and interpretative problem solving skills
- Able to multi task, establish priorities and meet deadlines
- Able to work with minimum supervision
- Good oral and written communication skills in English
- Concern for wildlife conservation & environmental issues in essential
Please note that the above TOR constitutes only the main responsibilities and duties of this position. As WCS-IP is a flexible organization, staff members are expected to undertake any other tasks that are allocated to them but which are not part of their regular TOR but related to it.
Please send a covering letter and CV in English to email@example.com not later than 29 July 2019 stating in the subject line “Wildlife Trade Program Support Coordinator _(name)”.
Please also include a portfolio of your previous work or links to blogs or galleries online.
No correspondence, only short-listed candidates will be notified.