Location : Remote (no restriction on location), supporting activities
in Southeast Asia via secure conference call
(time zones UTC+7).
Expressions of Interest Deadline : 21st November 2021
Commencement : December 2021
Contract Details : Up to 200 work-days between December 2021 and
The Wildlife Conservation Society (WCS) is a US non-profit, tax-exempt, private organization established in 1895 that saves wildlife and wild places by understanding critical issues, crafting science-based solutions, and taking conservation actions that benefit nature and humanity. With a presence in more than 60 nations, WCS has amassed the biological knowledge, cultural understanding and partnerships to ensure that vibrant, wild places and wildlife thrive alongside local communities.
Scope of Work
WCS provides support to government partners in handling of trading of protected and endangered wildlife and plants through training. WCS are seeking a contractor to work with our instructional designers and subject matter experts to make our training content more engaging by developing supporting multimedia materials (e.g. videos and graphic representations).
The contractor will develop multimedia training materials for up to 300 one-hour training sessions to support WCS projects in Indonesia, Viet Nam and Mozambique, specifically:
- Multimedia production: Convert materials produced by the course design teams into visually engaging media, including short videos, graphical representations, slides, etc., including managing subtitle tracks.
- Creation of templates to streamline workflows: Create media templates for course development teams.
- Compiling online courses: Populating a learning management system with training course materials.
- Course enrichment: Conducting online research to identify additional related materials (such as videos and articles) to enrich the training materials.
- Excellent English language verbal and written communication skills
- High level of digital literacy
- Good attention to detail, able to produce finished materials to a high quality
- Video editing and graphic design skills (all platforms accepted although the applicant must have their own software)
- Competent with Microsoft Office (in particular, Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and Google Suite.
- Able to work independently with limited supervision.
As this is a remote role and can be delivered from any location, the applicant must have their own reliable internet connection (strong enough to join regular video calls and handle the transfer of large files), and also their own computer with high enough specification for significant amounts of video editing.
- Fluency in a second language, preferably a Southeast Asian language, particularly Bahasa Indonesia or Vietnamese
- Experience with e-Learning and training material development
- Animation skills to develop explainer videos
- Experience with Moodle or other learning management system
- Experience with H5P or other content development tools
- Familiarity with Asana or other project collaboration platforms
Interested applicants/firms should submit a tender (no longer than 3 pages) that demonstrates your capacity to undertake this contract, along with examples of your work and references from previous clients or employers confirming proficiency with similar projects.
Questions and tenders should be submitted via email by 2300 (UTC+7 time zone) on 21st November 2021 to Scott Roberton (email at: email@example.com ) with “Development of Multimedia Content” in the email subject.