TERMS OF REFERENCE
Job Title : Administration Officer
Job Grade : Band 3 – Class PC
Base : Ternate, North Maluku
The Wildlife Conservation Society (WCS) has a distinguished history of experts exploring and saving wildlife in some of the most remote and wild places remaining on Earth. WCS Indonesia Program (WCS-IP) has significantly grown over the last decades, and contributed substantially in supporting the Government of Indonesia (GoI), particularly Ministry of Environment and Forestry (MoEF) in conserving Indonesia’s biodiversity. WCS-IP currently has programs focusing on landscape/seascape conservation, species conservation actions and engaging local communities.
In North Maluku, WCS-IP is currently working closely with conservation authorities, Balai Konservasi Sumber Daya Alam (BKSDA) Maluku and the local government to enhance conservation initiatives and encourage communities in the areas to practice sustainable natural resources and increase their knowledge of Marine Protected Area and increase marine conservation incentives for local communities.
The main responsibility of the Administration Officer is to do record keeping & maintenance task, as well as any administrative support required by the WCS-IP projects in Ternate, North Maluku. The Administration Officer reports directly to the Marine Support Coordinator in close coordination with Finance Officer and other field program staff in Ternate office. This position will operate on project basis.
- Communication within main office (Bogor) and field office (Ternate-North Maluku);
- Strong direct communication with Admin, HR, and Finance (Ternate, Manado and Bogor office) or field staff to apply WCS-IP regulation of Administration, HR, and Finance;
- Assist any difficulties of administration process directly with all staff in the field as needed;
- Disseminate the updated WCS regulation and information to the field staff;
- Build a good and strong communication with all staff, Field Admin Assistant/Officer, Program Coordinator, and Program Manager.
- Participate in internal and external meeting for the project as required.
- Responsible and assist in accommodation including travel arrangement (ticketing, hotel and meeting accommodation, and transportation) needed by field staff, partner, consultant and volunteer who are travelling out of their work-base and in VIP trip as required.
- Provide support on meeting and/or workshop arrangement; participate on planning related to accommodation, transportation, logistic, budgeting and reporting as necessary.
- Ensure the upkeep of the field office, initiate the process for any necessary repairs and maintenance and provide the availability of adequate supplies in the field office including all of its procurements and bidding process, operational cost planning and reporting.
- Maintain and update North Maluku program data base, filing system for Admin, Finance and HR documents, inventory list record and tagging, contact list, personnel data record.
- Manage monthly operational advance and settlement report, perform correspondences, manage daily routine activity in administration, develop purchase planning and supervise coordination with field Office Assistant/Helper.
- Monitor North Maluku program consultant/volunteer contract period and deliverables data, to make sure it can be processed according to appropriate time payment or extension.
- Take responsibility in permit, registration certificate, insurance, and its annual extension as needed in coordination with Finance Officer and Admin officer or Coordinator in Ternate or Bogor Offices.
- Provide support to deliver brief induction of administration and finance rules and processes to new member of staff/consultant and enumerator.
- Arrange events and submit the reports of any operational activities including its minutes of meetings, documentations, financial expenses and attendance lists.
- Analyze and classify all the operational expenses for office and staff necessity by monthly and annually/operational budget projection.
- Serve as the main link between Main Office Program Support Team and Field Office staff.
- Inform the management related to area activities and any significant problems.
- Work closely with Marine Support Coordinator; Finance, HR and Administration Manager/Coordinator/Officer in Ternate, Manado and Bogor office, as necessary to resolve any accounting, administrative or human resource issue in the field office.
- Keep a good relationship with the government officials and WCS-IP partners/stakeholders.
- Undertake any other relevant duties as assigned by supervisor, Program Manager and Admin Senior Officer or Coordinator.
- Apply and promote WCS’s values on respect, transparency and accountability, innovation, inclusion and diversity, collaboration, and integrity in daily work.
- Participate wholeheartedly in the general activities of WCS-IP particularly events and activities that require the full support and participation of all staff members, whether or not the focus of any particular event or activity has any bearing on the job description and assigned project objectives and activities.
- Undertake any other duties as assigned by supervisor and line management coordination if required.
This position will be based in Ternate, North Maluku, with possibilities to travel to project sites across North Maluku, Jakarta and Bogor as required. The ideal candidate will have:
- At least 2 years of experience in finance and administration works for NGO, corporates or public relations agency.
- Graduated from administrative, secretary, or related undergraduate degree major.
- Knowledge and/or experience in administration work is preferable.
- Have an ability to communicate with board range of people and finding solutions of problems.
- Good interpersonal skills to deal with a diverse group of contacts (including local stakeholders and communities), and ability to be a team player.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both Indonesian and English.
- Aptitude in the use of a MS Spread Sheet and Word, skill in database will be an advantage.
- Having work experiences in eastern Indonesia, especially North Maluku will be an advantage.
Please note that the above ToR constitutes only the main responsibilities and duties of this position. As WCS-IP is a flexible organization, staff members are expected to undertake any other tasks that are allocated to them but which are not part of their regular ToR, but related to it.
The position is for Indonesian nationals only. WCS encourages people to apply with experience in sectors other than the non-governmental and/or conservation sectors. Remuneration will be commensurate with skills and experience and the position comes with full set of employment benefits. WCS is an equally opportunities employer.
Please send a covering letter and CV in English to firstname.lastname@example.org stating in the subject line “NM Administration Officer_(name)” at the latest on May 5th 2022. No correspondence as only short-listed candidates will be notified.