TERMS OF REFERENCE
Job title : Security Officer
Location : Bogor
Reports to : General Affairs Manager
Purpose of Job:
Security Officer of the Wildlife Conservation Society Indonesia Program will directly report to General Affairs Manager, under general supervision of Operations Director. The incumbent is responsible for ensuring the safety, security and well-being of WCS personnel, premises and assets. The Security Officer will support WCS IP in developing and implemeting measures to minimise and manage risks, to ensure that its staff, assets and operations are not exposed to unacceptable levels of risk and to take all reasonable steps to ensure security of staff, assets and operations.
This role will work closely with HR Manager Admin Coordinator, Grant & Budget Manager, Finance Manager and the broader Operations team and as well as the WCS Indonesia Program team.
Security & Compliance:
- Support GA Manager to ensure that WCS IP staff are comply to security and safety protocols and working within an environment consistent with accepted minimum safety and security standards. This will include but not limited to WCS Indonesia program Bogor office and local offices premises, its assests, human and non-human assests.
- Contribute to develop a safety and security culture within the WCS Indonesia Program by addressing and helping staff to address safety and security related issue
- Develop and maintain WCS IP internal security controls and monitor adherence to protocols. This will be done by supporting GA Manager in developing (and later maintaining) risk register, assesing the nature of threats, organization vulnerability to risk and security challenges, coordinating updates and provide regular security reports to line manager/WCS IP Senior management.
- Support GA Manager in evaluation of business activities to assess compliance risk.
- Maintain WCS IP compliance to WCS Global Risk Management system, including but not limited to WCS Phone Tree system, and other system applied by the organization.
- Monitor the implementation effective security in terms of incident prevention, incident reporting and risk mitigation in general.
- Assist in regular communication, regular as well as incidental report and coordination to WCS Global Conservation Program Risk Management Office. This should be done regularly as well as during incidental events.
- Monitor political, social, economic and military situation and identify trends relevant to security situation
- Proactively audit general operations processes, practices and documents to identify security and safety related weaknesses and provide monthly report to Line Manager
- Support GA Manager in providing technical assistance and facilitation to respective Program Manager(s) to equip each program with proper Safety and Security Protocol, and ensure its compliance. This to ensure that security and safety protocol are included in program planning and it day to day activity implementation.
- Support Human Resources Manager/Administration Coordinator to ensure field staff know how to identify health risks in the region, how to protect against illness, injury and stress, and how to obtain proper support or medical treatment
- Work with Administration Coordinator to ensure appropriate steps are taken to safeguard office premises, equipment and residential property (guards, locks, lighting, alarms, and fire equipment).
- Assist in work collaboration with HR, Admin, Grant and Budget, Finance, IT and external auditors when needed.
- Provide administration support in program of education and training employees on regulations and organization practices
- Records and maintain security plan includes updating staff lists
- Monitor and maintain minimum operational security standards and ensures minimum equipment requirements are purchased, maintained and deployed in accordance with relevant policy
- Assist Line Manager on monitoring and evaluations office physical security measures and conducts security surveys of installations and facilities; implements security arrangements
- Assisting with the day-to-day efficient daily operations of the WCS offices, in terms of security and safety.
- Carry out any related tasks that the supervisor may from time to time reasonably request.
- Hold a university degree in business administration or other related areas
- Have at least 3-year experience in security management field. Working experience specifically with international NGO would be an advantage.
- Have strong interpersonal skill, sound confidentiality, ability to be impartial and have objective justification
- Have strong time management, as well as organization and administration skill
- Advanced proficiency with MS Office software, particularly Excel and comfortable working with Microsoft Access
- Must be able to handle confidential information in an ethical and professional manner
- Good oral and written communication skills, both English and bahasa Indonesia
- Effective attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy
- Concern for wildlife conservation and environmental issues is essential
When you are interested on the above position and consider that you possess the necessary qualification, please submit your job application consisting of updated curriculum vitae (CV), expected salary, three professional references and a cover letter explaining your interest towards this work and/or organization to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please fill the ‘subject’ column of the email in this format “Security Officer_(name of candidate)”
July 30th, 2019
No correspondence, only short-listed candidates will be notified.