TERMS OF REFERENCE
Job Title : Monitoring, Reporting, and Evaluation Officer
Job Grade : Band 3 – Class Professional Service
Base : Kota Agung, Lampung
Duration : 1 year with possible extension
The Wildlife Conservation Society (WCS) has a distinguished history of experts exploring and saving wildlife in some of the most remote and wild places remaining on Earth. WCS Indonesia Program (WCS-IP) has significantly grown over the last decades, and contributed substantially in supporting the Government of Indonesia (GoI), particularly Ministry of Environment and Forestry (MoEF) in conserving Indonesia’s biodiversity. WCS-IP currently has programs focusing on landscape/seascape conservation, species conservation actions and engaging local communities.
In Lampung, WCS-IP is currently working closely with conservation authorities, Balai Besar Taman Nasional Bukit Barisan Selatan, supporting the ‘Intensive Protection Zone’ (IPZ) of about 100,000 ha in the Bukit Barisan Selatan National Park (BBSNP). The outcome of the Project is the ‘Conservation of highly threatened Tropical Rainforest in the BBSNP as priority habitat for critically endangered species through innovative management concepts and sustainable land use management in cooperation with local communities and the National Park authority.’ WCS-IP will provide technical assistance to the BBSNP management authority, local governments, civil society and other stakeholders with an interest in the national park and its buffer zone.
The Monitoring, Reporting, and Evaluation Officer will report to the Project Coordinator of Project Coordinating Unit (PCU). He/she will be responsible in implementing and strengthening the monitoring and evaluation system for the project as well as for specific social and environmental safeguard aspects.
Specific Tasks and Outputs/Deliverables
The Monitoring, Reporting, and Evaluation Officer will play a central role and be responsible to:
- Implement and update the monitoring and evaluation (M&E) strategy of the Project, ensure compatibility and coordination within the existing M&E framework, and consistency with national and donor requirements.
- Support the tracking and reporting of project progress against its Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and maintain a database to ensure all project outputs and results are accurately recorded and coordinated to inform program staff.
- Working with the Project Coordinator to facilitate planning, compiling and editing of regular technical progress reports.
- Monitor and report progress of the project’s Environmental and Social Management System (ESMS).
- Support the program staff and other partners to monitor and track the project’s Grievance Redress Mechanism (GRM).
- Ensure sub-activities experiences are documented and disseminated as success stories, technical reports, communication materials, newsletters, or peer review publications.
- Support the implementation of project’s communication strategy.
- Facilitate and provide technical support to meetings, seminars, workshops and management bodies and formally represent WCS-IP as necessary in such meetings, workshops and conferences.
- Undertake any other duties, as assigned by the direct supervisor and/or Forest Program Managers.
- Undergraduate degree in environmental issues, biology, conservation or biodiversity preferred. Other relevant subjects such as International Relations, English are welcome to apply.
- Familiar with international social and environmental standards and guidelines from the IFC, World Bank and KfW is an advantage.
- At least three (3) years of relevant work experience in project management, monitoring and evaluation in conservation sector.
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to engage and work with local communities.
- Must have exceptional writing, proof-reading and editorial skills, communications and presentation skills, fluency in the English language.
- Concern for wildlife conservation and environmental issues is essential.
- Very good interpersonal skills, strong teamwork, and effective cross-cultural interpersonal skills.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. Staff are expected to undertake any other tasks that are allocated to them but which are not part of their regular.
The position is for Indonesian nationals only. WCS encourages people to apply with communications experience in sectors other than the non-governmental and/or conservation sectors. Remuneration will be commensurate with skills and experience and the position comes with full set of employment benefits. WCS is an equally opportunities employer.
Please send a covering letter and CV in English to email@example.com stating in the subject line “M&E Reporting Officer_(name)” at the latest on June 19th, 2022 No correspondence as only short-listed candidates will be notified.