TERMS OF REFERENCE
Position/Jabatan : Finance Officer
Based in/Lokasi : Banda Aceh
Line Manager/Manajer Lini : Senior Finance Officer
The Finance Officer will report to the Senior Finance Officer and will work closely with the Program Managers, and other staffs. The Finance Officer is responsible for maintaining financial and accounting services in order to meet the requirements of the organization. The Finance Officer is also responsible updating accounting records, preparing financial statements, maintaining cash control, monitoring accounts payable and receivable and ensuring adherence to policies and procedures to strengthen internal control.
- Ensure that all expenditures are made in accordance with established procedures, approved vouchers, complete supporting documentation and budget availability.
- Ensure that payments are made in a timely and secure manner across all the country operations.
- Prepare Deposit Voucher, Cash Disbursement Voucher, and Adjustment Voucher to complete financial document.
- Review all daily payment requests to be paid via petty cash or bank transfer.
- Review advance settlement of staff to ensure amount, grant code, and account correctly put on settlement report.
- Prepare budget versus variance on every advance settlement to overview the spending.
- Prepare List of Lease Information to be reported to WCS Medan yearly
- Assist Senior Finance Officer to provide scan copy of all financial documents
- Assist Senior Finance Officer to remind staff who has an outstanding advance to settle the advance soon.
- Prepare JV Template for deposit voucher, cash disbursement voucher, and adjustment voucher to be reviewed by Senior Finance Officer.
- Archive all financial documents in sequence based on voucher number.
- Assist Senior Finance Officer to prepare wire transfer monthly.
- Ensure complete accounting records are maintained in good condition for a good period of time (following local, donor and WC-NY regulations). This includes but is not limited to vouchers, bills, invoices, procurements forms, authorizations, reconciliations, both paper and electronic records.
- Ensure back ups are made of data at least twice per week, and that a copy of the latest back up is maintained at a secure location in the office or to a secure off-site location.
- Ensure proper tracking of outstanding advances and payables.
- Send an email seeking approval to Program Managers for all advance settlements and other payments that have not got any approval yet.
- Assist Senior Finance Officer to participate in the development of finance policies and procedures to be able to maintain a well-financially controlled environment.
- Assist Senior Finance Officer to provide key input and guidance to the finance team in resolving pending items, or transaction problems and irregularities and ensure resolution in a timely and effective manner.
- Assist Senior Finance Officer to provide assistance and support during internal and/or external audit. Draft audit response and ensure implementation of agreed audit recommendations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Minimum 2 years successful experience working in similar position with an NGO (local or international).
- Knowledge in accounting and experience managing computerized financial systems.
- Computer skills mandatory. Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications.
- Able to multi-task, establish priorities and meet deadlines.
- Good oral and written communication skills. English and Bahasa-Indonesia.
- Concern for wildlife conservation & environmental issues is essential.
Please note that the above TOR constitutes only the main responsibilities and duties of this position. As WCS-IP is a flexible organization, staff members are expected to undertake any other tasks that are allocated to them but which are not part of their regular TOR.
Please send a covering letter and CV in English to email@example.com not later than 10 December 2019 stating in the subject line “Finance Officer Aceh_(name)”.
Please also include a portfolio of your previous work or links to blogs or galleries online.
No correspondence, only short-listed candidates will be notified