TERMS OF REFERENCE
Position / Jabatan : Assistant to Country Director
Based in / Lokasi : Bogor Office
Line Manager : Country Director
The Personal Assistant is responsible for providing administrative; clerical services, as well as logistic support for Country Director (CD) of WCS-IP in Bogor and to carry out these services in an effective and efficient manner.
Provision of secretarial assistance to CD
- Provide secretarial services for the CD from time to time
- Be in charge of the personal administration contact for the WCS Country Director
- Coordinate, create and moderate all material for social media outlets such as Blog, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube
- Maintain workspace and record management system of CD office.
- Take note on and provide proper follow up with action items after all meetings
- Label and maintain all administrative files including travel clearances/itineraries and all other non-accounting related documentation for CD.
- Coordinate all logistical aspects of Country Director’s daily activity, i.e. arranging travel, processing travel clearances, handling cash advances and settlement etc.
- Giving general administrative assistance to CD (or her designee’s) team during official visit/travel and/or receiving official senior dignitaries/donors/government officials, i.e. making sure all travel itineraries are in place, all accommodation is securely booked, meetings venue is set, etc.
Provision of general Administrative assistance to WCS IP
- In coordination with Administration Officer, Administration Coordinator and HR Officer organize and in charge for events as requested by Country Director.
- In coordination with Administration Coordinator/Officer and IT officer/assistant, providing logistical assistance/support for meetings, workshops, missions and events in WCS official premises.
- Undertakes other tasks as deemed necessary in line with the goal of providing management support to the Country Director.
- In coordination with Operations Director and general Operations team, support in maintenance of documentation relating to the periodical reporting such as WCS’s monthly, trimester and yearly progress report to Government of Indonesia.
- To join WCS IP general meeting, whenever needed to provide technical preparation, minutes taking support and other clerical assignment given to her/him.
- To participate in the general activities of WCS-IP particularly events and activities that require the full support and participation of all staff members, whether or not the focus of any particular event or activity has any bearing on the job description and assigned project objectives and activities
Provision of general assistance to WCS Communication Unit
- Providing general assistance to WCS’s team of communications officers and media consultants to implement the WCS Communication Strategy.
- Assist in regular support in provision of WCS website materials and information related to CD activities and other relevant WCS workshops, events i.e. exhibition, etc.
- Assist in the Communication team in the development and implementation of a social media strategy for key Indonesian audience’s social media platforms (i.e., Twitter and FaceBook).
- Providing active assistance in the monitoring of news relating to species, terrestrial landscapes and marine seascapes from print and broadcast media
- Assist the Communication Unit in the coordination and development process of videos and films, development and production of WCS promotion items/merchandizing and other communication-related materials, i.e. t-shirt, hat, keychains, calendars, etc.
- Diploma Degree in Administration or equivalent experience in a similar position with an NGO or INGO. (fresh graduated are welcome)
- Computer skills mandatory. Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications.
- Good administrative/office management skills
- Interpersonal skills, solid programming, financial and organizational development skills; and excellent analytical and financial planning skills
- Strong analytical and interpretative problem solving skills
- Able to multi-task, establish priorities and meet deadlines
- Able to work with minimum supervision
- Good oral and written communication skills. English and Bahasa-Indonesia
- Concern for wildlife conservation & environmental issues is essential.
Please note that the above TOR constitutes only the main responsibilities and duties of this position. As WCS-IP is a flexible organization, staff members are expected to undertake any other tasks that are allocated to them but which are not part of their regular TOR.
Please send a covering letter and CV in English to email@example.com no late than 25 September 2020, stating in the subject line “Assistant to Country Director_(name)”.
Please also include a portfolio of your previous work or links to blogs or galleries online.
No correspondence, only short-listed candidates will be notified.