Terms of Reference
Position : Staff Development Coordinator
Job Grade : Band 4 – Senior Professional Core
Based in : Bogor
Staff development is becoming more and more important as WCS Indonesia Program grows and expands its conservation program across Indonesia. With a profound mission to support the Government protecting wildlife and wild places, WCS Indonesia Program sees the value of investing in its staff as the frontliners of carrying out this mission. This leads to a need for a more holistic approach to staff development, which includes mentoring and coaching to keep them engaged and motivated and therefore delivering our conservation targets effectively.
The Staff Development Coordinator is responsible for the planning and execution of staff development initiatives that support the organization’s mission, values, and strategic goals. The Staff Development Coordinator will work with the Senior Management Team (SMT) to identify staff development needs and provide recommendations to the SMT to build effective management structure and skills needed within the structure. He/She will also be responsible for coordinating and facilitating staff development programs, as well as evaluating their effectiveness.
Staff development coordinator must have strong interpersonal skills in order to build relationships with all levels of management within WCS Indonesia Program. She/He should be able to not only design effective mentoring and coaching system but also provide support and guidance to staffs in matters related to their capacity development. She/He must also be able to effectively communicate information about new policies or procedures to everyone from entry-level staff to senior management.
- Provide recommendations and design strategy for the development of systems and procedures related to strategy of capacity building activities including coaching & mentoring, work planning, staffing policies, performance management systems, work assessments and reward programs.
- Conduct reviews and provide feedback to improve the implementation of coaching & mentoring and training procedures especially to Senior HR Manager and also to all Managers in the context of capacity building.
- Serve as a resource to staff on WCS Indonesia Program’s policies and procedures, providing interpretation and guidance as needed.
- Identify staff development needs through performance reviews, observations, and input from Managers and the SMT.
- Research and recommend external training programs and resources to meet identified needs.
- Assist with the development and implementation of orientation and training programs for new employees.
- Participate in program monitoring, evaluating and periodic reporting related to staff development and capacity.
- Build constructive partnerships with managers and leaders in the internal organization to achieve common work goals.
- Proactively respond to and manage performance counselling, staff grievances and disciplinary issues as required, and ensuring that the dialogues are documented.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, Human Resources, Organizational Development, or related field
- More than six years related experience in implementing technical and organizational capacity building
- Substantial demonstrated experience in building the capacity to influence change
- Proficiency with activities, theories, methods and technology in capacity building field
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, both in Bahasa Indonesia and English
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- A detailed oriented and outstanding problem-solving skills
- Strong planning, community mobilization and inter-cultural communication skills
Please send a covering letter and CV in English to firstname.lastname@example.org stating in the subject line “Staff Development Coordinator_(name)” at the latest on February 20th , 2024. No correspondence as only short-listed candidates will be notified.